Nesting time!

>> Saturday, October 9, 2010

Well, it's nesting time. Last Saturday I went into the back room and boxed up everything else that needed to be so that it can be moved out. I told Kim I was done and things could get moved. It was girls night out for a friend of mine who is getting married at the end of the month, so I went out and left Kim at home. Towards the end of dinner, I got a text with a pic that showed the room was cleard out! I was blown away because there was furniture, a bed and heavy boxes that needed to be moved and she did it by herself!

She also went ahead and took up the carpet. After doing so, she thought the hardwood floors looked thin and wasn't sure we should get them refinished. So, we had the guy come who was going to do it and he confirmed that if he re-sanded them they would get too thin and would creak as we walked on it. So we asked how much to install new floors and it was three times as much as we anticipated. NOT!!!

Luckily, we already went to home depot and scouted out the fold and lock hardwood and it was only $200 more than what we were gonna pay for the re-sanding. So I'm thinking we will either do that or carpet. Either way I'm ready to decide and get it done! We also had a friend come over that's going to help us repair the drywall damage we have. She even volunteered to build us a window seat and gave us some other ideas. She's not available to help for another couple of weeks but we are sure happy that she is willing!!!

I'm hoping to get the room done by the end of the month. My mother and grandmother in-law bought our crib the other day. It should be to us within 2 1/2 weeks. I was expecting it so soon and I wasn't expecting them to buy it the day we told them about it. We were at dinner for MIL's birthday and they wanted to go to Babies R Us afterwards to look at it and ended up buying it! Wow!!!!

Well here's the last two weeks' pics of my progress for you to enjoy! It looks like I really popped this week. At first I thought it was the shirt, but when I looked at my belly bare I realized it was the belly.




29 weeks

30 weeks

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 Pregnancy Ticker

Followers

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP