One OB down, let's see who's next.

>> Thursday, September 10, 2009

I just got back from my first OB appointment with Dr. Russino at Lankenau. I was less than impressed with the office. When I got into the room the nurse thought I was there for a regular GYN visit because no one told her I was pregnant and coming from my RE. The room looked old and it didn't feel the cleanest. The things used to do a PAP were in a container with no cover.

The Dr was okay until I started asking questions about birth and epidurals and birth positions etc. He said he didn't care how I gave birth but wanted to know why I didn't want an epidural. I told him I wanted to feel it and he later said he doesn't know why I'd want to because first babies can be hard. When I asked about birth positions he said I have to deliver on my back so he can catch the baby. He said the way the room is set up that's the only way he can do it and it will only be for a minute. He told me the C-Section rate and said we'll see how it goes. He said he could tell from my pelvis that if the baby was 9 pounds, I wouldn't be able to push it out and he would do a C. One good thing is that he said they try not to do any episiotimies. He also said 90% of the women get epidurals and that I can always change my mind about having the baby naturally. He said I didn't have to worry about all that now because we just needed to see how the baby grows.

So, even though I love Paoli Hospital I'm looking for another Dr. I'm also ready to schedule my appointment with Ronni which will likely be much better than this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 Pregnancy Ticker

Followers

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP